Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Potty Training

We all climbed into our beds for a long Sunday nap.....
But, it wasn't very long. Our nap was interrupted by a little boy who was crying and running up and down our long trailer hallway. I climbed out of bed to discover Sam with only a t-shirt on and my bathroom in complete disaster. I next noticed the two empty Lysol toilet bowl cleaner bottles empty on the floor. So much for child proof! I know that stuff burns your skin and figured out Sam probably was crying because his skin was complaining. I quickly rushed him to my bathroom where I put him in the tub to rinse off. That's when I noticed the poop all over his legs and bottom. I washed him up and Ace gave me some baking soda to apply to his chemical burn which was on his bottom. Thankful Ace knew about baking soda because I didn't. Next to the bathroom, it took us 45 minutes to clean up the mess he made.
Stay tuned for the next blog on how our septic system went kaputs.

4 comments:

the kirklands said...

Ahh, potty training woes (and messes); I'm trying with Hannah, but she's just not ready it seems. The other day she pooped in her panties, and I guess I have a prego nose, b/c just the thought of washing them out made me feel like throwing up, so I just tossed them when I got them off. Cleaning her up was enough of a job...
Ok, probably more than anyone wanted to hear.

~joanne said...

Ahhhhh......those fun years....not missing those fun times!....*Ü*

Then again, maybe I would trade you for a teenager??

Parenting is not for the faint of heart.

Noah and Heather said...

Yes, I still maintain that the bottles are mislabeled. It should be "Mildly child resistant" or "Adult proof". And yes, baking soda neutralizes acids and stuff. It makes a great show if you put it into a toy volcano and add in a little vinegar.

writingcanvas said...

rScary stuff here! Thankful Sammy is ok! Now what about your septic system?!?! Ours went out years ago (like backing up into the house). It was Halloween night, and we had to dig up where to empty it in the yard - around MIDNIGHT and then the septic truck came to empty. Our neighbors might have been concerned why we were digging in the yard, Halloween night. We had to put a new one in.