This is the “beta” version of this program. (I assume blog readers understand beta means first version of something?) We are still developing some of the concepts and working the bugs out of the system.
We found that we can “fine” the kids a washer or two for minor offences, such as not putting their shoes on the shoe shelf. Extra washers are given for tasks done on their own initiative without parental direction.
At the risk of sibling rivalry, I pounded 4 nails into a chunk of board, with names for each nail. This keeps the washers neatly on the wall, like a score-board.
So far, this program has been successful, and has been a light-hearted positive influence on the kids. We are still developing some of the reward concepts, as there are better “carrots” to dangle in front of our kids than TV.
Do you like it, Little A? I think she likes it:

3 comments:
Nice! I know I like it!
What a great idea! Can I "copy" it for a blog post sometime? I always need ideas. Of course, I will give credit and a link back to you! :)
I love your idea. We are always looking for Schneiderville bucks but we have failed to find the perfect fit for the family. We will be praying for you
ange
www.havingfunservinghim.blogspot.com
Post a Comment