Sunday, March 09, 2008

Packing Surprise

So I pull out all our saved boxes from the garage and what do I find?
As I was searching the web to find out what kind of spider it was I found this cute poem which fits Florida living very well. Everyone sprays their homes here. I never did find out what kind of spider it was I just know it wasn't on the poisonous spider list.

A Florida Prayer


Bless this house, oh Lord, we cry.

Please keep it cool in mid-July.

Bless the walls where termites dine,

While ants and roaches march in time.


Bless our yard where spiders pass

Fire ant castles in the grass.

Bless the garage, a home to please

Carpenter beetles, ticks and fleas.


Bless the love bugs,

Two by two,

The gnats and mosquitoes

That feed on you.

Millions of creatures that fly or crawl,

In Florida, Lord, you've put them all!!


But this is home,

And here we'll stay,

So thank you Lord,

For insect spray.

Now when I pick a box from the garage I throw it across the garage to knock out any ugly critters.


3 comments:

Dennis and Valerie said...

Yikes! How big was it? I can't tell by the picture.

Glidewell Family said...

The spider was as big as my hand. (About 3 or 4 inches across) Sorry there wasn't any reference to how big he was (like a coin) It took all I had to get as close as I did to take the picture. He was fast moving.

Amberlynne said...

Canada is looking REALLY good at the moment...