Friday, August 22, 2008

Hodge Podge

Well I haven't been very good at taking pictures in the last couple of weeks. It has a lot to do with having a C-Section, packing, saying good bye, moving 1,890miles, unpacking, saying hello, & start training.
A lot of people have been saying that I'm a strong woman to endure all that I have been through in the last two and a half weeks.
I have to say I really didn't lift a finger and have to thank all of our church friends in Florida who helped pack and clean. A big thank you to my little girls who worked hard at carrying the big stuff to the trailer. Thank you to my Husband for making sure I was comfortable and didn't work. "I love you! Thanks for taking good care of me." A thank you to all those who helped unpack once we got here. And a big THANK YOU for all who were not able to play a physical part but prayed for us.


Our last evening traveling we stopped at a authentic Mexican restaurant where the waiter could barely speak English and a little girl would stop at our table every five minutes trying to sell us trinkets or something. Ace finally bought a bag of pumpkin seeds from her and we didn't see her again.
The menu was a cute.
We arrived in Arizona during Monsoon season. We are watching the rain outside as it is very loud in our trailer home. Notice green grass at its best, not to be seen again.
*Because of all the rain the rattlesnakes are out and about. Our first week here a neighbor boy was bit by one. Of course he tried picking it up.
I've seen this facial expression a couple of times on Cherokee. It makes me laugh!
Cherokee always looks out the corner of her eye at me. I call it her
"eye spy eye".
Tuesday night we had a pot luck

Sam and Cherokee are waiting to leave the house for orientation. They sit with us during class. Sam is going thru a hard time right now. Mom had a baby, a big move, and a new schedule. You know the ususal stuff that makes life hard. They do have child care for Sam but we pulled him out to stay with us it was to much for him to handle.
Our first week and a half is orientation here at NTM aviation. Tim is giving his talk about Liberty, Law & License. This is our second time hearing it and really enjoy it. We think he should write a book.
Last night the kids put Cherokee in the laundry basket and pushed her all around the house. To my surprise she fell asleep so I had to take a picture.

6 comments:

~joanne said...

SOOO glad to see you made it....and didn't leave anyone at a rest stop. I was praying you all the way to AZ!
I checked your blog often, hoping to read about your 'adventure' to AZ!
Your girls are probably lovin' mothering CJ...and it helps you out too!

Well...glad to see you made it and with smiles on your faces!

Holly's Homepage said...

Glad to hear how things are going. We have been praying and thinking of you. How nice that so many people were there to help during the move!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Ace, little girl helpers, and awesome church family! Angela, my prayer after Cherokee's birth was that help would flood in and that you would have a chance to recuperate. All I can say is Praise God! Now I'm onto wondering if your new little one bears a close resemblance to Piper??
Love, Sarah and the Z's

Carrie said...

We're happy to know you're safe and sound (ok, maybe not sound, yet) in AZ! :-) We'll keep praying for you as the fam settles into a new life there.

Anonymous said...

From now on every time I pass a truck scale on the highway I will be praying for you! God is so awesome in His care for us. Cherokee is beautiful. Any family nicknames for her yet? We love you all and can't wait to meet her in person. BTW, we think you should go to Cameroon and chaperone the Freeland brothers. :) Love, Caryn

Glidewell Family said...

Thanks Caryn!
Cherokee is called Cherry Pie for now I'm sure it will change to just Cherry in the future. That would be fun to chaperon the Freelands but, NTMA doesn't have any airplanes in Cameroon.
Say Hi to the fam!