Saturday, December 20, 2008

630 Foot Detour Into the Sky!

After three days in the car we decided to take a leg stretching walk to see the arch. First, lunch at the Spaghetti Factory. This restaurant was in a basement of an old building and I loved the decor! We all took turns walking around the restaurant to look at its unique style. There were many groups of people there celebrating Christmas.
The arch is so big you can't get it all in one photo with out being very
far away.
(A side note: Ace and I were here on our honeymoon 13 years ago and we had fun showing the girls some old memories.)

We rode up in an elevator called a pod, this is a demo. We had the kids climb in and try it out before the real thing. I also can fit. I didn't think it was possible, but we did it! There were only five seats so some of us had to ride on laps.
Sam trying to check out the view.
We had to carry Cherokee she is starting to get very heavy.
Five of us took turns.
Looking straight down from the center of the arch.
Stormie looking out the window. You can see the Mississippi river.
(This photo is turned the wrong direction.)
Someone taking a picture from below.
A fun view of the base.
Another fun view from the ground.
Back in the van.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We did this with the boys a couple of years ago. What a neat experience. Even though I grew up only a few hours from St. Louis, I had never been to the arch. The pod ride was quite the ride, eh! Fun times!!
DeAnna M