Our dryer's heating element died. We are without a dryer until the new part arrives.
Dryer parts everywhere!
Hanging clothes on the line twice a day can get old. I'm glad for the spring like weather and the birds chirping. I was wondering who put the clothes line under the pine trees anyways. My clothes never really see sunlight but that doesn't matter they dry very quickly. One day I hung them up and went right back to taking them down. No joking. It is very dry here.
Here's an idea..... Our friend Hemp gave us clothes pins that had her name on them. Since I have to hang our clothes on the line I look at Hemps name and pray for her. So, if you like to hang you clothes on the line I challenge you to get a Sharpie marker and put peoples names on your clothes pins so you may be reminded of them and pray for them.
Hanging all that wash on the line reminds me of being in the tribe when Titus was a baby. Although it was rainy season and we were having a hard time getting the clothes dry. Even though I hung them under our porch roof there was so much humidity that they would not dry. I felt like my whole life was trying to get dry clothes for us to wear. I am glad your clothes are drying quickly but I will be praying that it won't be too many more days before you can have a working drier. Life is busy enough that you don't need the added time of hanging up the wash every day. It is hard enough just to get them all folded.
We had a dryer part...I think the heating coil, go on our dryer too...but we live in a 3rd floor apartment, so we couldn't hang out our clothes, Jungle Camp style... PTL! It was fun to look up how to fix it on the "net" and practice technical skills for future use????? Good idea about pins!
I have some "Hemp" clothespins too and they always make me smile when I pull one out of my clothespin bag. In fact I kind of look for them because they're bigger and sturdier than the other ones I have. I smile because they're sturdier but especially because they remind me of their original owner.
That is a cute idea for the clothespins. I think I'm weird, I love hanging out laundry- I think it is one of my favorite chores. Sadly, we don't have a line here in the newer apartments. I'm actually looking forward to this summer when we'll be living with Dennis' parents and putting things out on the line. I think I like it because it makes me feel domesticated and frugal... unlike doing dishes, which seems like just a big waste of time! :)
5 comments:
WOW! what a cool idea...if she knows you were praying for her that much...she might intercept your dryer part..you better watch her!
Hanging all that wash on the line reminds me of being in the tribe when Titus was a baby. Although it was rainy season and we were having a hard time getting the clothes dry. Even though I hung them under our porch roof there was so much humidity that they would not dry. I felt like my whole life was trying to get dry clothes for us to wear. I am glad your clothes are drying quickly but I will be praying that it won't be too many more days before you can have a working drier. Life is busy enough that you don't need the added time of hanging up the wash every day. It is hard enough just to get them all folded.
We had a dryer part...I think the heating coil, go on our dryer too...but we live in a 3rd floor apartment, so we couldn't hang out our clothes, Jungle Camp style... PTL! It was fun to look up how to fix it on the "net" and practice technical skills for future use????? Good idea about pins!
I have some "Hemp" clothespins too and they always make me smile when I pull one out of my clothespin bag. In fact I kind of look for them because they're bigger and sturdier than the other ones I have. I smile because they're sturdier but especially because they remind me of their original owner.
That is a cute idea for the clothespins. I think I'm weird, I love hanging out laundry- I think it is one of my favorite chores. Sadly, we don't have a line here in the newer apartments. I'm actually looking forward to this summer when we'll be living with Dennis' parents and putting things out on the line. I think I like it because it makes me feel domesticated and frugal... unlike doing dishes, which seems like just a big waste of time! :)
Post a Comment