Saturday, May 16, 2009

Cubbin'

Took the Mrs. out Super Cubbin' yesterday! What fun!


Here sits the cub, ready for a scenic flight around the area.

Wind check: straight down Runway 17.

View of our "park" from as seen from the South. Our house is the 4th from the left, front row. (Everyone want's to see their house from an airplane! )



A view of our "park" as viewed from the West. Notice the contrast of our little oasis compared to the rest of the desert!


The pilot, and the (co-pilot, passenger, flight attendant, victim, wife, general domestic manger; you pick). I think she looks kinda cute in a headset!

Lining up on final, seconds before touchdown. Ang described the landing like this: "Ever been to the large airport terminal where they have these conveyor belts that moves people along a little faster? Ever run fast on one - you feel as if you are running like a Olympic hero. Imagine running off the end of the conveyor belt, and tripping over your feet as they try to catch up? That is the sensation I experienced as we came in and landed." So, how am I supposed to interpret that landing score?!

All put away, ready for another flight on another day.

Cubbin' - flying as flying was meant to be.

3 comments:

Mama K said...

What a great time! When I have thought about learning to fly... it was for things like this. (Then I found out how much it cost to rent a plane.) I am so glad you got to do this.

Ben & Ruth said...

If I'm ever in town will you take me for a ride (on a plane)?

Love ya guy's!

~Kane

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.