Sunday, October 04, 2009

Food For The Poor

October 1st is payday for the Glidewell family. I was very excited to be able to go grocery shopping and collect the few items need on my shopping list. Ace and I have been pinching pennies so we can get extras like clothing for example. So I try hard at cutting back on our food so we can have a little extra each month to spend on other needed items. Anyways, I was in conversation with a friend who asked me what was my plans this week I told her one thing I was going to do was, Oct. 1st was payday and I was going to go grocery shopping. My favorite quote from her was ... "rich for a day." And that's what it feels like.
That same friend called me up the next morning Oct. 1st and said when you come into town stop by before you go shopping. So I did and........their family went grocery shopping for us the night before and collected all this food for us. WOW! We were so surprised and so very encouraged at this wonderful blessing to our family. I still am in aw of how much food they blessed us with. They said they had a lot of fun shopping. I can only imagine! I think I too would enjoy shopping for some one else.

2 comments:

~joanne said...

WOW..what a blessing!

Jenny LaBo said...

God is so good at surprising us :)