Thursday, June 05, 2008

An Exhausting Trip, 3,350 miles


Our Trip Goals:
  • Give our Green Mini Van to NTM missionaries in Jackson, MI.
  • See Our Classmates Graduate in Canada
  • Visit Our Supporting Church Kent City Baptist, K.C., MI.
  • Visit Our Storage at Ang's Parents Home to Collect needed Items For Arizona
Our Itinerary
May 28th - Leave Florida
May 29th - Arrive in Byron Center, MI.
May 30th - drop off Green Mini Van and head for Canada
May 31st - Watch our classmates graduate.

Our classmates
I wanted to get a better picture of the class, But the story goes like this..... First Ace had the camera and was heading that direction when he got stopped to talk. Then I snagged the camera and headed towards the front of the church when I was stopped to talk it was a brief conversation when I walked away I got stopped again for another brief conversation. Finally I got dead center to take the class photo and as I put my camera up to may face everyone dispersed. UGH!

A Birthday Boy who is tired and CRABBY! He is not a good traveler.
Trying hard not to smile!
Sam turned 2 today.
Sure needs a Birthday Spanking but who can spank him when he gives a cute little face like that?
June 1st -
Visited K.C.B.C. then went to Ang's parents home to celebrate Sam's B-day also collect needed items from our storage and pack for our return home.

My mother didn't have any Birthday candles so my sister lit two matches and stuck them in his cupcake. Way to go sis!
Sam looks so overjoyed to have a Birthday.
I think he is tired of this trip.
June 2nd - Traveled back to Florida

We spent some of our time trying to find this soft drink. The young man who is letting us use his home likes to drink Ale8. We thought we would pick him up a case on our way thru since they only sell it in OH., KY., & IN. After searching three stores we threw in the towel. If you read our blog Jared we're sorry!
June 3rd

We stopped to get gas and got to see this traveling man. We think his mule has a soler panel on it's back. The man was barefooted. My favorite part of this pic is the hoarse watching.
We stopped at one tourist attraction recommended by our friends the Sterlings. Well worth our time. They have a room full of seconds that are sold at 50% discount. We picked up a couple of pans, a pink chef hat and a spanking paddle (we needed one for the car).
What the driver does to keep himself entertained while the rest of the gang is making ZZZZZ!


Safe arrival at home very tired and well worth the trip old friends were hugged and new friends were made!
Now on to sick kids who were wore out.








4 comments:

Carrie said...

Wow! I can hardly go 10 miles with 2 kids, and you survived 3350 with 5! We're glad you had a safe trip!

~joanne said...

Sorry I missed you guys!! Are you actually en route to Arizona yet??

Rhonda said...

Whew, Ang...that tires me to read of your long journey...Glad to see you and glad you are back home safely. Keep us posted as to your next travels.

Anonymous said...

Sorry we missed you! I should have come here sooner to arrange to meet you someplace. Time slips away too fast. Thanks for staying in touch. {{{}}}